- Salary Offer up to 35,000/year
- Job Location London
- Region South East
- Magazine Feature Pro Landscaper
To be responsible for the daily completion of all tree planting and landscape projects. To efficiently manage your co-workers within Street Tree Care (STC) whilst maintaining the highest standards and working within a programmed timescale. To liaise with the H&S Coordinator, Team Manager & Directors to ensure that all works are delivered to the clients expectations. The Team Leader will be responsible for all driving operation to and from multiple sites in Central London.
The Team Leader will be responsible for implementing STC operations after consultation and instruction from the Team Manager & H&S Coordinator. This will include ensuring works are planned and executed in a manner compliant with company H&S policy and legislation. You will be expected to demonstrate good working practices and supervise your co-workers.
TEAM LEADER KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Assist the Team Manager in planning and organising each job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also ensures that the job is completed in the most time-efficient manner
- Assist the Office Manager in completing incident/accident reports ensuring all information is recorded and corrective action followed through
- Participation in STC’s quality assurance, environmental standards and procedures
- Inform the Team Manager & H&S Coordinator where appropriate, take corrective action on mechanical defects or breakdown of equipment
- Assist the H&S Coordinator in ensuring the correct PPE is worn on all projects
- Completes necessary paperwork including time sheets, check sheets and site inspections
- Liaise with the Team Manager to ensure that company assets and resources are used in the most economical manner
- Assisting the Team Manager in monitoring STC/hired plant, equipment and machinery
- Work irregular hours and respond to after-hours emergency calls when required
- Report to the Team Manager on a daily basis
HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGEMENT
The Team Leader will implement the highest health and safety standards as defined in the policies of STC and their clients.
The Team Leader shall liaise with the H&S Coordinator and the Team Manager on matters relating to health and safety and security in the workplace and contribute to raising awareness amongst their co-workers.
The Team Manager will be requested to attend training courses as recommended by the Company.
- Have some experience of work within arboriculture / horticulture.
- The ability to liaise with clientele &problem solve
- Have an interest in conservation and the environment
- Be physically fit for outdoor work
- Have good spoken and written communication skills
- Be capable of leading a team
- Have knowledge of health and safety issues
- Must hold a current UK drivers license