Site Operative 1001 views2 applications
- Salary Offer £8.50 - £12.50
- Job Location Surrey
- Region South East
We are currently seeking a full time Site Operative in Guildford, Surrey.
Are you hard-working and practical with experience of working outdoors on construction sites, in country parks, or in the horticulture, farming or forestry industries? Are you enthusiastic with a love for the outdoors and the environment? Would you like to join a small, professional, dynamic team? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you!
We have an opportunity for a Site Operative to join our team on a full time basis. Our work involves undertaking wildlife mitigation, habitat creation, landscaping and vegetation clearance projects in and around the south east, south west and the midlands.
You will ideally have experience of working on construction sites and must be enthusiastic and hard-working. You must be practically-minded, enjoy working outdoors and have a good level of fitness. Experience in the forestry, agricultural and/or landscaping sectors would be a bonus but is not essential.
You will work under the direction of the team leader or site manager. You will need to be based in or near to Guildford and must be comfortable with staying away, near site, during the week.
The successful candidate will be employed on a full time contract and should be willing to work 8 to 10 hours a day, 5 days a week, as required. Accommodation and mileage will be paid and a subsistence allowance will be given when staying away from home.
You will be paid between £8.50 to £12.50 per hour depending on experience.
We are an ecological contractor, providing solutions to compensate for loss of habitat caused by development and building works. We design, create and enhance habitats for wildlife for a wide range of clients and provide support to ecologists with protected species trapping and translocation. As part of the Thomson group, we are the UK’s leading experts in gaining consents and meeting ecological planning conditions.
The work that we undertake includes
- wildlife mitigation
- newt and reptile fencing to facilitate trapping and translocation prior to construction
- other fencing including stock, water vole, badger and otter fencing
- badger sett exclusion and artificial sett construction
- brushcutting, tree felling and general vegetation clearance
- soft landscaping including planting trees, shrubs, and grass seeding
- invasive species mitigation including Japanese Knotweed and Himalayan Balsam management.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence.
All applicants must have a full UK driving licence and their own car.
The successful candidate will ideally have
- a valid CSCS card
- familiarity with construction health & safety rules and procedures
- confidence to work independently, and as part of a team
- self-motivation with the ability to learn quickly.
Ideally, the successful candidate will also have the following tickets or experience – but this is not essential
- CS30/31/39/40 chainsaw
- NTPC brushcutter
- PA1/PA6 herbicide spraying
- chipper qualification
- CPCS excavator
- machinery maintenance
- First Aid at Work
- soft landscaping including planting and seeding
- vegetation clearance
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and a convincing covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and any other relevant details (max 500 words)