Project Manager 575 views
- Salary Offer Competitive
- Postal Code GU2 7AG
- Job Location Nationwide, Surrey
- Region South East, Midlands, Wales, North East, North West
Are you an experienced Project Manager with high standards, who enjoys managing various sized projects and leading and motivating a site and office based team? Are you organised, confident and decisive, and thrive on finding solutions to problems? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you!
We are looking for a full time, permanent Project Manager based in one of our modern offices across the UK. You will have experience of working in landscaping, ecological contracting, countryside management or a similar field, with the ability to contribute to the bid and tendering process. You will be responsible for resourcing and line managing a site team whilst promoting compliance with all company systems and policies. You will have experience of managing and delivering various sized complex projects on time and to the satisfaction of our clients. You will need to be based in or near to one of our regional offices in Guildford, Cardiff, Birmingham, Leeds & Manchester (within 1 hour’s commute). Occasional visits to head office in Guildford are required.
We are a professional ecological contracting company specialising in landscaping, vegetation clearance, fencing, invasive species management, habitat creation and ecological mitigation. We are part of Thomson Environmental Consultants, and are experts in environmental compliance. Our teams assist with ecological advice, surveys and assessments, habitat design and creation, ecological contracting, invasive species management, freshwater and marine consultancy, arboriculture, data management and mapping and last but not least, laboratory analysis including marine benthic taxonomy.
While working within our habitats team, you will be given the opportunity to work on small to large scale mitigation projects around highways, cable routes, housing, airports, rail and many others. Every project we undertake is unique.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We provide fantastic on-the-job training, opportunities for progression and a range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme, discounted gym membership, free parking and regular social events!
Successful candidates will:
- have experience of working in landscaping, ecological contracting or countryside management
- be commercial with relevant project management experience, gained within the landscape / environmental / habitat management / ecological sector
- be organised with experience of managing large, complex projects
- be financially adept with the ability to manage and deliver projects on time and to budget
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office based staff
- have experience of developing strong relationships with new and existing clients to generate additional business opportunities and assist with bid and tender submissions.
- have excellent written communication skills and good knowledge of excel
- have an understanding of H&S legislation
- be capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
How To Apply
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (max 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org