Project Manager 1565 views5 applications
- Salary Offer DOE
- Job Location Surrey
- Region South East
Are you an experienced Project Manager with high standards, who enjoys managing large-scale projects and leading and motivating a site and office based team? Are you organised, confident and decisive, and thrive on finding solutions to problems? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you!
The role We are looking for a full time, permanent Project Manager based in our modern offices at the Surrey Research Park. You will have experience of managing and delivering large and complex projects on time and to the satisfaction of our clients. You will be responsible for resourcing and line managing a site team whilst promoting compliance with all company systems and policies. Ideally, you will have experience of working in landscaping, ecological contracting, countryside management or a similar field. You will need to be based in or near to Guildford (within 1 hour’s commute).
We are a professional ecological contracting company specialising in landscaping, vegetation clearance, fencing, invasive species management, habitat creation and ecological mitigation. We are part of Thomson Environmental Consultancy, and are experts in environmental compliance. Our teams assist with, ecological advice, surveys and assessments, habitat design and creation, ecological contracting, invasive species management, freshwater and marine consultancy, arboriculture, data management and mapping and last but not least, laboratory analysis including marine benthic taxonomy.
While working for Habitats you will be given the opportunity to work on small to large scale mitigation projects around highways, cable routes, housing, airports, rail and many others. Every project we undertake is unique.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We provide fantastic on-the-job training, opportunities for progression and a range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme, discounted gym membership, free parking and regular social events!
Successful candidates will:
- be commercial with relevant project management experience, ideally gained within the landscape / environmental / habitat management / ecological sector
- be organised with experience of managing large, complex projects
- be financially adept with the ability to manage and deliver projects on time and to budget
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office based staff
- have experience of developing strong relationships with new and existing clients to generate additional business opportunities
- have excellent written communication skills and experience of excel
- have an understanding of H&S legislation
- be capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car.
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (max 500 words)