Operations Manager 1944 views
- Job Location Surrey
- Region South East
- Stock control – including compost, bark, topsoil, gloves, sprays, xentari, bulk bags, office equipment, wire, tools etc.
- Sourcing plants for landscaping and softscaping projects including stone chippings, bulbs, bedding plants, turf, fencing materials etc.
- Managing the maintenance team timetables – booking in clients, managing team calendars and rearranging.
- Conduct staff appraisals.
- Making sure teams have the correct tools and materials each morning.
- Briefing teams on various information regarding projects/clients.
- Being on call and dealing with client issues and queries with new and existing clients.
- Meeting with regular clients to discuss additional softscaping and landscaping ideas, with the potential to up sell on bedding/bulbs, planting etc.
- Liaise with new maintenance clients including diary management, site visits, quotations etc.
- Support the teams with snagging issues – attend project sites to provide a helping hand and complete work as required.
- Attend the start of landscaping projects with Spencer to meet with clients.
- Liaise with clients regarding planting preferences.
- Work from budget provided to form a planting schedule for each landscaping project – three at a time during the busy period.
- Setting out plant designs.
- Planting and adding finesse/attention to detail to plant borders – sign off of job
- Support the teams with snagging issues – provide a helping hand and complete work as required.
- Manage and organise collection on a weekly basis for refuse container.
- Organising skips for landscape refuse, and filling skips if no one is around to assist.
- Keeping the yard tidy including maintaining the plants, deadheading bedding etc.
- Locking up of tools and the yard overnight and over the weekends.
- Making sure vans are tidy and presentable.
- Order parts if necessary – wingmirrors/bulbs/roof racks.
- Booking in services/MOT.
- Updating RAM tracker.
- Issuing invoices for maintenance and landscaping projects on a weekly basis.
- Arranging team notes to be printed and distributed on a weekly basis.
- Daily tracking of company vans to log lateness/job arrival and departure.
- Recording staff sickness using CharlieHR. Adjusting the calendars accordingly.
- Liaising with clients regarding jobs, and rearranging due to staff sickness/change in circumstances. Includes rearranging calendars accordingly.
- Sorting company post daily.
Health and Safety
- Fortnightly staff tool box meetings.
- New staff introductions on health and safety, and company policies.
- Make sure staff have correct PPE.
- Ensure each team has a fully equipped first aid box in each company van.
- Tool and equipment management to ensure safe to use.
- Keeping an up to date colour coded tool list.
- Organising and booking in cover staff.
- Making sure uniform is worn and staff are presentable.
- Issuing staff warnings.
- Marketing – Instagram/Facebook posts.