Nursery Supervisor 185 views
- Job Location Hampshire
Our nursery is responsible for distributing high quality vegetable seedlings and potted herb cuttings to our sites across the south of England. We produce over 1500 trays of seedlings and 10,000 cuttings every year.
Based out of Head Office in Lyndhurst we are looking for an enthusiastic experienced person to join the team. We are offering a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
The main duties are as below:
- Sowing, taking cuttings, potting on, and watering.
- Contributing to and following the sowing plan.
- Leading small team and training staff.
- Maintaining a good relationship with hotel based Head Kitchen Gardeners, liaising closely to organise deliveries.
- Managing plant health – we are looking for a good knowledge of P&D as well as feeding the stock.
- PA1+PA6 preferred
- Knowledge of organic vegetable production preferred.
In addition to the above you will be responsible for H&S as well as complying with legislation, ordering and stock management.
Previous nursery experience essential, a full driving licence is preferred but not essential.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.