Maintenance Manager 194 views
- Salary Offer £30,000 per annum
- Job Location London
- Region South East
- Experience Level Recognised horticultural qualification & previous experience in horticultural management.
- Working Hours & Benefits 28 days off including public holidays. Birthday off.
Company Mission Statement
To be the number one maintenance company in West London when looking for a high end and highly personable service with impeccable attention to detail. To develop a loyal client base through word of mouth and effective sources, increasing revenue and profit margins without sacrificing quality. To measure and reduce our carbon footprint year on year, being valued as a sustainable net zero company by 2030.
To manage and inspire the horticultural maintenance teams to deliver to the highest standards held by the company. Ensure that the maintenance company is continually growing and upholding its reputation. Managing the operations so that the business operates efficiently and that systems are continually improving. Taking on all client facing roles, managing, maintaining and improving client relations.
Reporting to – Harry Holding, Director
Managing – two maintenance teams, or more as and when required
Responsibilities and Duties
- Scheduling – Effective management of the garden maintenance schedules and two gardening teams, or more as required, ensuring the teams have the appropriate tools and materials for each job.
- Timesheets – Weekly monitoring of employees / subcontractors timesheets to ensure they are completed accurately.
- Invoicing – Ensuring you have correct information for client billing (eg recording of hours worked, materials and plants purchased and tools hired etc) and that invoices are sent to clients weekly.
- Client liaison – Visiting sites of new clients in order to quote and provide a proposed maintenance schedule, as well as keeping in regular contact with all existing clients and arranging monthly site visits to ensure high standards are being maintained.
- Implementing Extras – quoting for and implementing ‘extras’, jobs over and above the normal scheduled maintenance, ie new plants for a client.
- Good Awareness of Health & Safety (H&S) – Reporting and record keeping and ensuring H&S compliance of the garden maintenance teams, ensuring policies are upheld and undertaking H&S training as required.
- Recruitment – Responsible for recruiting new employees and managing existing employees’ human resources & queries. Ensuring that all new employees are trained to uphold the company’s standards and ethos, as set out in the company business plan.
- Managing Tools & Materials – ensuring stocks of materials are replenished and used efficiently, managing tools and replenishing ‘perishable’ tools, maintaining power tools creating a schedule for servicing of equipment and PAT testing.
- Supplier Relations – Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and develop / foster strong relationships with new suppliers, always looking for new products.
- Van – Drive, manage and care for a company van, servicing / MOT when required and keep clean to uphold company image.
- Social Media – Gathering content and implementing posts with an effective hashtag marketing plan.
- Marketing Materials / Uniform – Managing stocks and implementation of marketing materials and uniform (as set out in the uniform policy), such as t-shirts, business cards, caps, van signage etc.
Day to day activities
Split of workload will vary from week to week. A typical week could involve:
- 3 days working outside on maintenance jobs
- 1 day working in the office
- 1 day managing teams and jobs, client meetings, quoting, managing supplies.
Qualifications and Skills
- A recognised horticultural qualification and previous experience in horticultural management are essential.
- Full and clean UK driving licence.
- Training and career development, within the role, is expected.
- Great communicator who can effectively listen and has the ability to follow up to internal and external emails and queries.
- Organised and proactive with good operational planning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, you will be liaising with clients and designers so this is a key skill.
- Excellent organisational and influencing skills.
- Be competent at administrative tasks and have advanced PC skills including Excel, Word & PowerPoint, invoicing, ordering and scheduling.
- First class customer service skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative with a proactive and flexible attitude.
- The ability to be flexible to meet the needs and demands of the role.
- Excellent time management organisation and focus on ability to prioritise and multi task with clear ability to focus on detail.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for the HH Garden Maintenance / Design brand.
- Comprehensive plant knowledge.
- Experience with power tools including pedestrian mowers, scarifiers, hedge trimers, power washers, strimmers, drills, wacker plates etc.
- Experience with irrigation systems and water features.
London, West London and surrounding areas
Office days involve working from home or at the company office
28 days holiday (includes Bank Holidays)
Birthday day – all employees have their Birthday as paid holiday
£30,000 / year salary
Bonus scheme to be discussed, aiming to implement after year one, progress dependent.