HSEQ Compliance Manager 441 views
- Salary Offer Competitive
- Job Location Sussex
- Region South East
ESL Landscape Contractors has been providing soft landscaping and grounds maintenance services to clients throughout the South of England for nearly three decades. The Company has undergone a change of ownership and a new CEO in the last two years and is looking to increase its focus on delivering a quality service within a safe environment.
We are currently looking for a motivated and skilled HSEQ Manager to join us on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Phil Jones, you will be overseeing all aspects of safety and quality at site and management level. The successful candidate will be required to operate across the south of England, based in a suitable location.
ESL offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to develop within the business, with the appropriate support.
Outline duties include:
- Project manage company Safety, Environmental and Quality Programme.
- Provide professional support and advice to the Senior Management Team and Staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters.
- Provide an Assurance and Audit role in the company and liaise with external accreditation bodies and auditors.
- Assist staff and sub-contractors in respect of compliance with relevant legislation, client standards and contractual arrangements.
- Drive the philosophy of safety ownership throughout all levels of the organisation.
- Engage with and provide training for staff and managers to maximise improvements in skills and safety performance.
- Provide support in developing, reviewing and monitoring of the HSEQ Plan and objectives and targets.
- Provide positive leadership and promote the adoption of best practice.
- Responsible for developing, promoting and monitoring the HSEQ culture.
- Lead and direct functional management for any HSEQ personnel under your control.
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Identify initiatives to improve performance and assist in addressing areas of poor performance.
- Produce HSEQ performance reports as required.
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
- Responsible for reviewing accident and incident HSEQ reports and investigation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Significant experience in safety and environment within the landscape industry.
- Good academic qualifications, minimum of NEBOSH certificate or equivalent desirable
- Health & Safety Training (IOSH) Awareness of industry issues.
- Experience of managing and developing staff.
- Computer literate.
- Hold a full, clean driving licence.