Experienced Gardener 2885 views4 applications
- Salary Offer £28,000 pa
- Job Location London
- Region South East
Stefano Marinaz Landscape Architecture are looking for a Gardener to join our team. We offer our customers a comprehensive design, build and garden maintenance service. We currently have several high end properties in West London (Kingston, Kew, Richmond, Hammersmith, Chelsea, South Kensington) and have an opening for a gardener with a Diploma in horticulture (or equivalent RHS Level 3) to join the garden maintenance team.
The gardener will be responsible for looking medium size gardens in West London. You will work both independently and sometimes with a second person to help you out on certain tasks.
The main responsibilities will be:
- All aspects of garden maintenance, such as weeding, pruning, planting,lawn moving, jet-washing, maintenance of irrigation and planting.
- Competent in using the appropriate power tools where required.
- Leasing with clients, updating them on the work being undertaken and making recommendations on ideas to improve and develop their garden.
- Updating Stefano on work carried out, relevant changes of the garden or other issue which will require Stefano’s attention.
- Working alongside Stefano or other members of the team, creating a planting palette for new projects.
Candidates must have a formal qualification in horticulture, passion for this job and practical skills. Candidates will need to be honest, self-motivated, reliable, able to plan ahead the workload and have a friendly yet professional approach with clients demonstrating excellent communication skills. It is very important the attention to details, the ‘can do’ attitude and be able to foresee potential issues on the job. A full driving licence is required as the candidate will need to drive a small van, fully equipped with gardening tools. SMLA offer a competitive salary, training courses, uniform, company phone and PPE.