Gardener 281 views
- Job Type Permanent
- Salary Offer £21,060.00 and rising D.O.E
- Postal Code PO30 2LU
- Job Location Hampshire
- Region South East
- Experience Level 2 or more years experience in similar role.
- Working Hours & Benefits 45 hours pw. Monday- Friday. 8am- 5pm. 28 paid days annual leave
We are looking for 2 gardeners to join our teams on the Isle of Wight. You’ll need to have experience and a good set of gardening skills. You’ll need to be hard working, physically fit and able to take direction whilst at the same time make decisions. You’ll need to take pride in your work, with attention to detail essential.
We work in private and commercial garden projects. This job includes all aspects of organic gardening. Experience and an interest in garden design and landscaping is also very helpful but not essential. You’ll also be calculating, collecting and ordering of materials and equipment whilst overseeing and helping less skilled team members develop. There is shared driving of works vehicles.
Here’s some of the duties required: Maintaining gardens to a high standard. Using tools, ladders, machines and equipment. Working individually, but mainly as part of a team. Waste transfers and waste management including recycling. Liaising with customers, colleagues, company owner in person, in writing, on mobile phone, via text and email. Daily paperwork record keeping. Maintaining clean and sharp tools. Keeping vehicles clean and tidy- inside and out. To work with health and safety as a priority to the employee, their colleagues, customers and the general public. Of course, other duties and tasks may be required.
- We established in 2004.
- We are a national and multi local award-winning company on the Isle of Wight.
- We offer a full garden design, landscaping and organic maintenance service.
- We cover the entire Isle of Wight.
- We have strong trade links on the Island and mainland.
- Our team members include award-winning, qualified and experienced designers, landscapers and gardeners.
- Our approach is both professional and creative.
- We take great pride in our work with attention to detail throughout.
- We believe that we should be sensitive to our environment.
- Since 2006 we have specialised in natural and sustainable gardens.
- Our gardening services are based on organic principles that help ensure the best for you, your family and your garden.
- We enjoy taking a collaborative approach, working with and listening to our customers in order to achieve the best possible results.
- We are told that we provide a great customer service.
- We have experience with many private garden owners, and commercially with the N.H.S, English Heritage, Earl Mountbatten Hospice, schools, landowners, landlords, care homes, and architects.
- We have experience of working with other garden designers, both with local and national recognition such as Alan Titchmarsh and Matthew Wilson.
- It is our business aspiration to offer and provide the best.
Benefits of Working With Us
- Living and working on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
- Bespoke gardens to fall in love with and care for.
- Use of company vehicles and equipment.
- Guaranteed work 12 months of the year.
- Working within a dynamic team.
- Career opportunities as the business grows.
- Personal development and job satisfaction.
45 hours per week including paid breaks. Monday- Friday. 8am- 5pm. Overtime available & 28 paid days annual leave including Christmas shut down. Use of company vehicles and equipment. Uniform.
Work place pension.
Job Candidate Requirements
- At least 2 years gardening experience.
- Ideally RHS level 2 or equivalent qualified.
- Full & clean manual drivers licence.
- Clear DBS check.
How To Apply
Interested? For more details please send your C.V. & a covering letter to: email@example.com. You’ll need references and photographic examples of your work to show.
You can see more about us here: www.cargardens.co.uk