Experienced Hard Landscaper
- Job Location London
- Region South East
The Botanical Gardener is a successful design, build, maintenance and irrigation company based in South West London. The dedicated team pride themselves in offering high end horticultural and landscaping services to the company’s new and existing clients across London.
This Experienced Hard Landscaper role will involve managing builds on mainly domestic projects, delivering projects on time and on budget and communicating with both the office and the client.
As a relatively small company, this is an exciting new role with room to grow in line with the company’s growth. The successful candidate would be responsible for the day-to-day site management of the garden builds; this would include quantifying and ordering materials, liaising with the project manager and director, etc. Whilst this is a hand’s on role, it encompasses responsibility for supervising team members, agency staff and sub contractors.
The Landscaper would need to have a wide range of landscaping skills and the ability to finish all works to a high standard, including the following;
- At least 3-5 years experience in landscaping
- Confident reading design drawings, setting out gardens and levels
- Good eye for detail
- Communicating with designers both internal and external
- A strong focus on delivering high quality workmanship and demonstrating ongoing pride in every job
- Some horticulture knowledge is preferred
- Pro-active and driven to achieve goals
- Manage workload effectively, plan ahead
- Manage budgets
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively on all levels and with our project manager, director and clients
- Well presented
- Highly motivated and able to manage a team to meet deadlines
- Confident with tools and machinery
- Clean UK/EU Driving license
- Manage the health and safety on site
We are looking to fill the position ASAP, however, for the right candidate we are willing to hold the post until the New Year. CV and references are essential.
Salary – DOE. Company vehicle, company telephone, pension and uniform provided.
Relevant courses i.e. CIS/SSSTS training