Apprentice Landscaper 162 views
- Salary Offer £5ph
- Postal Code HP1 1NU
- Job Location Hertfordshire
- Region South East
- Experience Level GCSE's, or equivalents in maths and English are desired but not essential
We are seeking an enthusiastic, committed individual to become the newest apprentice in our established team based in Hertfordshire.
We have been trading for 17 years and pride ourselves on our customer service, the quality of our work and attention to detail on every project.
We are involved in both small and large projects with a wide variety of hard and soft landscaping tasks. A large percentage of our projects are working with accredited garden designers.
Enrolment onto an Apprenticeship Qualification to be offered to the right candidate.
Carrying out most aspects of soft and hard landscaping mostly in St Albans and Harpenden and the surrounding areas to include:
- Reporting to Landscape Foreman on time in correct safety wear/clothing
- Learning how to read plans and scale drawings
- Keeping the workplace tidy and understanding risk assessments and health and safety
- Setting up datum levels/finish heights with a laser level
- Excavation of sites and preparation for paving
Installing all different types of:
- Paving and resin bound gravel
- Fencing and fence painting
- Pergola construction
- Preparation of areas for seed, turf and planting
- Tree Planting
You may also carry out grounds/garden maintenance including mowing, strimming, planting and weeding along with assisting in the maintenance of the tools and equipment.
Desired skills and attributes
- An interest in gardening and landscaping and working outdoors is essential
- Any previous horticulture/gardening experience is beneficial but not a requirement
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Able to work well with others under supervision.
- GCSE’s, or equivalents in maths and English are desired but not essential
- A keen interest, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and reliability are a must.