Apprentice Horticulture Landscape Operative 372 views5 applications
- Salary Offer £156.00 pw
- Job Location Norfolk
- Region South East
Arkscape Landscape Gardeners is a small family run landscaping business that works out of Newton Flotman seven miles south of Norwich. They offer the very best of gardening services to all of their customers from garden clearance, fences, driveways, create garden designs from plan and much more.
Working 40 hours a week Monday to Friday in-between 07:00-16:00 – Driving licence would be advantage, but not essential. During the apprenticeship you will be given full training and support to achieve your Level 2 Horticulture qualification.
- Assisting the landscaping team with collecting and distributing materials
- Equipping the vehicles in the morning and ensuring you have what you need for the day ahead.
- Cleaning up and maintaining equipment
- Mixing up cement using a cement mixer
- Assisting in erecting fences and other wooden structures.
- Laying out materials ready for installation or erection.
- Transporting material from the vehicles or trailers to the correct part of the garden.
- Removing waste materials from the gardens for transportation.
- Carry out any tasks required by the landscaping team.
- Emptying the vehicles of garden waste and other items removed from site.
- Assisting the gardening team by clearing up hedge cuttings and leaves.
- Grass cutting and strimming.
- Weeding/ Leaf blowing
- Hedge cutting (once training is given and you are competent)
- Ensure you are compliant with all health and safety regulation and you wear your protective clothing when necessary.
The successful candidate:
- Well presented at all times
- Good time keeping is essential
- Come prepared for work with everything you need.
- Be a team player
- Have GCSE Maths and English 9 to 5above or equivalent
Just apply now and make sure your CV is attached and that you include a brief cover letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you are the best person for the job!
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly. If you have any questions about this or any other apprenticeships advertised here please email Apprenticeships@ymca.co.uk