Apprentice Horticulture Landscape Operative 329 views2 applications
- Salary Offer £160.00 pw
- Job Location Hertfordshire
- Region Midlands
Nurture Landscape have a fantastic new opportunity. Your hours of work will be Monday to Friday (40 hours per week) between 07:30am – 16:00pm.
You will be supported by a YMCA Tutor to achieve a Level 2 Horticulture Apprenticeship qualification
- To assist the team of Gardeners in undertaking the full range of garden maintenance duties to enhance the general condition of the site including
- Horticultural operations including formative pruning for a range of plants, annual seasonal bedding operations, pest & disease control, general grass cutting, watering of trees, shrubs and bedding plants
- Ensure hand/power tools and grounds maintenance equipment, machinery and vehicles in your charge are secure, in good working order, and refer major mechanical problems to your line manager.
- Empty bins, including bag removal and bag replacement where appropriate and recycle where necessary.
- Undertake regular checking and reporting of the physical infrastructure of the site including paths.
- Report other defects/damage regarding the site to a line manager.
- Attend staff meetings and specific project meetings.
- Comply with all company and site procedures and regulations.
- Ensure an efficient and effective response to incidents/emergencies and maintain effective liaison with colleagues and external services.
- Write basic reports on incidents that occur to enable accurate records to be maintained.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ability to carry out physical tasks within Health and Safety guidelines
- Able to work effectively within a team
- Ability to use all equipment safely and effectively
- Able to deliver great customer service
- Their GCSE Maths and English grades A – E or equivalent
Just apply now and make sure your CV is attached and that you include a brief cover letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you are the best person for the job!
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly. If you have any questions about this or any other apprenticeships advertised here please email Apprenticeships@ymca.co.uk