Sorbus Garden Care was started in 2011 by Steve Smith, an experienced gardener, after studying and training in traditional countryside skills such as hedge-laying, drystone walling and scything. Since then we have experienced steady growth and now comprise a team of five people, each with different skills and strengths. We are passionate about nature and the environment and specialise in wildlife-friendly and organic gardening.
We have at heart the following abiding principles:
- The health and well-being of wildlife, pets and children is paramount
- Herbicides will be used sparingly and only when no organic alternatives are available
- Artificial fertiliser use will be kept to a minimum
- Systemic or non-organic pesticides will not be used under any circumstances.
- Noise is pollution – we use rakes, brushes, scythes, shears and battery operated tools in preference to petrol blowers or strimmers wherever possible (although we do use petrol lawnmowers if necessary and we do own one dusty strimmer!)
- All work will be carried out to RHS standards unless requested otherwise
- Pruning to be carried out at the correct time of year for the plant in question
- Trees and plants purchased by us will be of UK origin where possible
- Apprentices will be fully trained to at least NVQ level 2 during the course of their apprenticeship and will not be used as cheap, unskilled labour
Sorbus Garden Care is named after the rowan tree or mountain ash (Sorbus aucuparia). This is a beautiful native tree, with smooth silvery grey bark and delicate pinnate leaves.
White flowers in Spring provide pollen and nectar for bees and other pollinating insects and red berries in Autumn are a rich source of food for birds, especially the blackbird, mistle thrush, redstart, redwing, song thrush, fieldfare and waxwing.
Rate This Company ( No reviews yet )
You must be logged in to post a review.