Head of Landscaping – Soho Farmhouse
To Head up and manage the landscape maintenance team and oversee all aspects of external maintenance at the farm.
- Management and leadership of the grounds/landscape team including overseeing the allocation of work, attendance and performance management, coaching and motivation and the provision of advice and support to the team as required.
- Drawing up an annual maintenance schedule covering all aspects of landscape maintenance and ensuring that this schedule is adhered to. This should always be completed by November for the following year.
- Manage the landscape maintenance budget and all ordering of supplies and equipment for the team.
- Responsibility for ensuring the department is accurate in pricing projects including obtaining costs for all materials, plant hire and labour and the preparation and submission of quotations.
- Responsible for working alongside arboriculture consultants for monitoring heath of trees across site. Maintaining these trees where necessary in accordance with H&S policy and keep a record of any works undertaken.
- Ensure that all other departments are fulfilling their responsibilities in relation to the upkeep of and tidiness of outside areas. Will have the full support of the senior management team on this subject.
- Will report into the Operations manager and will play a key role within the Estates team and the wider farm. Landscape team will receive support from the wider estates team when required and will be required to support other teams when required.
- Will be responsible for all gardens and gardeners on site with the exception of the production garden and team which will fall under the head production gardener.
- To work closely with the garden designer to help implement her planting schemes and designs.
- Responsibility for ensuring health & safety and environmental procedures are followed and updated in accordance with any new legislation.
- Will be expected to promote and help manage a healthy ecosystem within the estate, working with local ecologists.
- Management of risk assessments and method statements for all jobs where required before any work commences.
Soho House Farmhouse is set in the heart of the 100 acre Great Tew Estate situated near Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire. Accommodation comprises of log cabins spread around lakes with larger farm buildings available for groups and parties. Guests can enjoy roaming the grounds, treating themselves at our Cowshed Spa or making their way to the Boathouse for a swim. There are also a number of restaurants and bars on-site.
Who We Are…
Soho House is a collection of private members’ clubs and restaurants spread throughout Europe, the UK and America. Each house, hotel and restaurant maintains its own personality and atmosphere but the ethos has remained the same; serving fantastic cocktails and simple but delicious food in a comfortable and relaxed environment. This is an amazing time to be joining us as we have exciting expansion plans to open new houses, hotels and restaurants. For those who wish to both further their career and have fun, we offer fantastic, rewarding global prospects.