Watford, AL, United Kingdom
Skilled Soft Landscape Supervisor
BALI Jobs, Landscape Maintenance, Landscaping, Managerial
Dependent upon qualifications & experience
At the forefront of green service provision across the UK since 1989, Glendale offers innovative solutions for the total management and maintenance of the green environment. Delivering exceptional quality and striving for complete customer satisfaction, Glendale delivers an unparalleled portfolio of specialist green services.
Glendale carries out £600,000 of soft landscaping contracts throughout the southwest and now require an experienced supervisor to assist and support the contracts manager in our expanding commercial landscaping sector.
We require a highly motivated supervisor with a background in one or more of the following who can lead an on site team to deliver;
● Clearance works on construction sites
● Installation of soft landscaping
● Grounds maintenance
● Supervisory role within the construction industry
● Good knowledge and understanding of planting, turfing and ground
● A good understanding of specifications and drawings.
Based at our Depot in Exeter, the successful candidate will be a proactive supervisor who will be able to offer operational, commercial management within a largely construction sector client base.
This is a hands on role involving monitoring the progress of teams on site and taking quick and effective action to maintain both high productivity and client satisfaction whilst also being in regular communication with the contracts manager. In addition you will need good time management and administrative skills as your time will be divided between being out on site and supporting the contracts manager within our Exeter office.
Candidates must have the following:
● Be qualified in horticulture, landscaping or a similar subject.
● A minimum of 1 years supervisory experience in a similar role
● Hold a full UK drivers licence. (inc towing would be an advantage)
● Hold a current & valid SSSTS or SMSTS card.
The following would be an advantage:
● Additional tickets eg: PA1 & PA6/ brushcutter.
● First Aid at work qualification
● H & S qualification
Experience in planning teams and attention to details and methodical approach to tasks are a must and a wide range of practical skills and tickets would also be an advantage. Candidates must have good communication and people skills. Being able to lead from the front is key to this position.
For further information, please contact email@example.com, please apply with a letter of application outlining your suitability for the role, salary expectations and any other relevant details along with a copy of your CV to
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
phone: 01392 444432
Closing Date: 26th March 2018