JOB TITLE: Lead Estimator
LOCATION: North West and North Wales
RESPONSIBLE TO: Contracts Director
WORKING HOURS: 7am – 5pm Monday to Friday
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
the landstruction group comprises Landstruction, Big Hedge Co. and Arboreal.
Landstruction is the culmination of three generations of landscaping and horticultural excellence. Founded by Gold Medal winners at the RHS Chelsea (2015) and RHS Tatton Park Flower Shows (2011 – 2013), we excel in hard and soft landscaping. Established in 2010, we pride ourselves on providing world class service through the excellence of our people and the quality of product.
Big Hedge Co. specialises in beautiful, ready-grown hedges and topiary. Fully mature and instantly satisfying, these natural elements do more than act as boundaries – they define your whole landscape.
Arboreal is purely focussed on both conservation and creation. Conservation involves the maintenance of specimen trees, the promotion of native British species when planting and the restoration of traditional features such as hedgerows and dry-stone walls. Creation involves designing new areas or providing a habitat for wildlife.
Based on the border between Cheshire and North Wales, we are currently looking for an ambitious individual to support the company’s further expansion. In this dedicated position, we are looking for an ambitious individual to prepare accurate and competitive estimates for projects by gathering information and analysing important metrics. You will provide knowledge of costs and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
Applicants for this position should possess excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset. You will be responsible for working within agreed timescales, to the correct specifications as well as having the ability to manage effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
This role has no limits and is perfectly suited to someone wanting to play an integral part in the continued growth of the landstruction group; one of the fastest growing external works businesses across the north.
ESTIMATOR ROLE SPECIFICS ELEMENTS
- Prepare cost budgets and cost estimates for new contracts
- Keep existing contracts up to date, including making amendments, providing new cost estimates and maintaining communication with the client
- Keep detailed records of all estimation documentation including site assessments and contract terms; update any existing contracts immediately upon agreement of new terms with client
- Supporting the delivery of detailed, well-written proposals for each client, adhering to client guidelines while offering competitive and comprehensive cost estimates
- Prepare and submit financial documents
- Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, ensuring each reaches the client in advance of the deadline
- Research industry trends, latest materials and new equipment
- Analyse company data, exchange rates and market prices
- Liaise with other company departments to maintain business development and continuously innovate new profitable outcomes
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem solver
- Communicating at a range of levels including senior management
- Time management and organisation
- Ability to manage workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Exceeding the clients’ expectations by delivering the company’s core values every day
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2 years-experience within a similar role
- Full UK Driver’s license as the role will involve some travel across the North of England and North Wales
- CSCS card
- IOSH Health & Safety Certificate or SMSTS
- Good IT and budget programme skills
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Please send your CV and a covering letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions is Friday 9 March