JOB TITLE: Contracts Manager
LOCATION: North West and North Wales
RESPONSIBLE TO: Contracts Director
WORKING HOURS: 7am – 5pm Monday to Friday
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
the landstruction group comprises Landstruction, Big Hedge Co. and Arboreal.
Landstruction is the culmination of three generations of landscaping and horticultural excellence. Founded by Gold Medal winners at the RHS Chelsea (2015) and RHS Tatton Park Flower Shows (2011 – 2013), we excel in hard and soft landscaping. Established in 2010, we pride ourselves on providing world class service through the excellence of our people and the quality of product.
Big Hedge Co. specialises in beautiful, ready-grown hedges and topiary. Fully mature and instantly satisfying, these natural elements do more than act as boundaries – they define your whole landscape.
Arboreal is purely focussed on both conservation and creation. Conservation involves the maintenance of specimen trees, the promotion of native British species when planting and the restoration of traditional features such as hedgerows and dry-stone walls. Creation involves designing new areas or providing a habitat for wildlife.
Based on the border between Cheshire and North Wales, we are currently looking for an ambitious individual to support the company’s further expansion. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining existing relationships with clients and suppliers as well as continuously seeking out new estimating opportunities. The role will ensure consistent management of all proposals and contracts alongside the development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management.
Applicants for this position should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers. Financial budget supervision and ensuring the cost-effectiveness of all contracts are also key to the success of this role.
Current contract values range from £5,000 to excess of £1m and experience of both hard and soft landscaping is essential. This role has no limits and is perfectly suited to someone wanting to play an integral part in the continued growth of the landstruction group; one of the fastest growing external works businesses across the north.
- Taking responsibility for contracts ensuring work is carried out to the specified standards
- Ensuring work is completed on time and within budget
- Co-ordinating labour, equipment and materials to ensure efficient productivity levels are achieved
- Responsibility for cost management, ensuring works are delivered on time and budget
- Carrying out site visits and liaising with the Contracts Managers, Site Agents and Clients
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings and set out working areas for operational teams
- Accurate completion of required documentation in line with the Company’s ISO Standards
- Ensuring H&S and site activities are managed to the highest standards
- Industry research and keep up with changing market trends
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem solver
- Communicating at a range of levels including senior management
- Time management and organisation
- Ability to manage workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Exceeding the clients’ expectations by delivering the company’s core values every day
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 2 years-experience within a similar role
- Full UK Driver’s license as the role will involve some travel across the North of England and North Wales
- CSCS card
- IOSH Health & Safety Certificate or SMSTS
- Good IT and budget programme skills
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Please send your CV and a covering letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions is Friday 9 March